To the newcomer

A little bit about recovery

sounds to good to be true. As I started coming to meetings and just listening, I was pleasantly surprised And how important it was for these people to come together to discuss their common problem alcoholism.

to have a person or a group of people who understand what I’m going through, who have gone through the same thing same troubles, the same nightmares to be there and willing to take time just to talk with me to let me know that there is A way out of the troubles I’ve been causing myself

They’re not throwing their wisdom and knowledge around. They’re just sharing their experience strength and hope and they’re just trying to be there because they know how terrible this disease is and that it wants to kill us.

they know:

Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful alcoholic

Honesty

. . . and became willing to make amends to them all.